Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus

(Photo by photocopy)


The reading out loud technique is one I already use when I really don't feel like reading. I have to read out loud to keep myself engaged and I've found that not only does it work, but it makes me feel more interested in the reading, even if it's just a plain textbook chapter and not a story. I've also noticed that I retain more details when I read out loud and it makes studying easier.

I really liked the copy-and-delete technique. I think this will be helpful with longer pieces of writing because even if I'm focused and engaged I don't always remember what I read. I think this will be helpful in other classes too for when I need to read long chapters, I can break them up into days and just refer back to my notes, rather than trying to cram all the information in at once.

I really don't like the timer technique, at all. It stresses me out being timed and I start to focus more on what the time is on than how much I've read or retained. I found it strange that I don't like it though, because my whole day's to-do list is timed perfectly from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. I think the timer is just a little too extreme and pulls my focus away from the reading more than it helps keeping my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment