Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Reflections 
(Photo by Diggeo

Looking back at at my notes, I think I’ve done a pretty good job for the most part. I’ve noticed that I sometimes write too much and don’t necessarily need every detail written out. I’m going to start making better choices when deciding what I’m going to write down. After going through and reading my notes, I noticed a lot of places that could be condensed or even left out entirely.

I’m also proud of the stories I have written. I just reread them and some I wish I had taken a different path with. I really like telling stories since I am going to school for film and production, I’m essentially going to school for storytelling and I think of these assignments as exercises or even potential scripts. For my storybook, it was suggested that I write it in script format, which I didn’t even think to do before, but I love the idea so that’s what I’m going to do. I originally had it as a blog that recapped each episode, but I like the idea of script better. Well, in this case it would technically be a transcript.


The class as a whole has created some amazing work! However, there is a tendency to start off the introduction as a character waking up in a mysterious place and some questions are never answered. When I read, I want to be able to imagine what is happening with the character. I understand that the writers want to keep some details vague, but if that’s the case there needs to be more visual details rather than personal. For example, when the character looks around, do they look at their hands? Are they human? Are they waking up for the first time ever or were the transported from a different place? These are details that don’t give away the plot too much, but also helps the read visualize what is happening and understand where the character is coming from without anticipating the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment