Thursday, January 19, 2017

Famous Last Words: Chill-abus Week

It's syllabus week! Also known as, chill-abus week, according to my roommate. 
(Photo by Robert Lynch)

This week I'm slowing getting into the swing of things. We didn’t have class Monday and my internship doesn't start until next week so I didn't exactly hit the ground running, but I'm not complaining.
This week has given me a glance at what the semester will look and feel like and how much time I will have to set aside for homework and extra-curricular activities. My class schedule isn’t too vigorous, however it’s somewhat inconvenient. I’m taking 2 classes online which are not an issue, but the 2 classes I have on campus are once a day at noon, so I’m only on campus for barely an hour every day. This sounds great in retrospect, but having to fight for parking every day for a 50 minute class isn’t all that great, but I’m going to count my blessings. I don’t have class on Wednesdays instead I’ll be at my internship in Oklahoma City all day.
I'm not huge on posting about health and fitness, but I do want to note that this semester I am committed to my health. I was not good last semester and I feel tired all the time so by putting this in my blog, I'm going to hold myself accountable because now it's in writing and everyone can see this.

This is my last semester of undergrad so I'm going to try my best to enjoy it and soak it all in while I can, even when some weeks feel harder than others. My work load is fairly light right now, but that’s because my Dramatic Series class hasn’t started yet. I have to take this to graduate and from what I’ve heard from other Gaylord students, it’s not going to be a stroll in the park. But I’m excited to add stuff onto my portfolio and my reel!

4 comments:

  1. Ha the picture of the hippos are cracking me up! It is crazy how far we have already come since school started! I am also taking two classes online this semester which is new for me, but I am a fan of it so far. I like pacing myself and having the ability to work ahead when I have time. I feel you on the parking! It is always such a struggle, but thankfully I am able to use to new garage they just built by the huff for most of my classes. You should try that one, if it close to your class! I hope your commitment to health is still going well! Were you trying to eat better or workout more? Or maybe both? I think health is something we could all commit to a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to your last semester and making it last!! I wish I could say the same for myself. I was almost able to graduate this semester, but other things got in the way as life does. I can agree that fighting for parking just for one short period is not fun. I even had to do that my first couple weeks during the evening - the evening I tell ya. Though I'm not in that class anymore, it's nice that I'm just in online classes with my work schedule. I don't have a lot of time for many things, but I'm trying to make the best of it as well.
    On the working out and being healthier portion, I am also on the same boat of truly doing the work. I used to be pretty into working out everyday and eating right, but I fell out of it as I started working more and started attending OU. Though I am almost done, I'll attempt taking it slow getting back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the hippo made me laugh out loud! I love it! Congratulations on it being your last semester of undergrad! It's mine too and I am struggling to keep the motivation I've had in past semesters because my workload is lighter too. It's nice though to not be too stressed out during your final semester! I hope your health and fitness commitment is going well and that's a great idea to post it on her to hold yourself accountable. I am also trying to make healthier choices by watching what I eat and exercising at least 3-4 days a week. It's going well so far but it's hard to stay dedicated sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share the same sentiment with having to go to class one hour a day. The amount of time preparing and commuting for me is actually more than the amount of time I actually go to class for, haha. I'm glad to say I'm only going to class 2 days a week next semester. Anyways, congrats for getting to the end of your last semester, hopefully your Dramatic Series class was easier than you thought.

    ReplyDelete