Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Reading Options

This is a painting to help illustrate "Cupid and Psyche"

For my week 2 reading options, I decided to read "Cupid and Psyche." Cupid is such a familiar character, but I've never actually read anything that he's in so I don't know his story. After reading the overview, I think I'll enjoy this story. It has been compared to Beauty and the Beast which is one of my favorite disney movies.

Another unit I'm fascinated in is the Folklore of Laos, for week 6 and 7, because I am Laotian myself, however, I'm not familiar with any of the folk tales. My grandmother used to tell me stuff when I was little that was always related to karma, but as I got older I thought she just made it all up. It'll be interesting too see if any of these tales are actually what she's told me.

I have also always been interested in Dante's Inferno. When I was in high school I attempted to read the stories, but I never got around to it. I've googled Dante's Inferno a number of times since then, just because it's always been something that has held my interest so I think this is a good opportunity to finally read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment